Monday, October 22, 2018

Breathing and dance?

This article showed up on my facebook news feed and made me start thinking about everything I have learned about breathing from experience while dancing, and training to dance, and also from reading artifacts from other teachers in the past interpreting their understandings of the relationship between breathing and movement.

Some ideas that hit me more are:
1. Joan Lawsons, words about breathing in which she writes about breathing on the closing of movements.
2. Nikolai Tarasov and his chapter on breathing and how the importance of breathing is intertwined in dance.

I focus alot on what I already know about breathing in my classes that I teach, now I am going to see what happens if there is a correlation between the breathing that is intertwined in the ballet movements already for the aesthetics of the movement,and the movement quality, with the idea that if breathing in properly according to this article, the students will also be able to think much more clearly about the movements, and the next steps that they will be executing.

Here is a link to the article. Enjoy!

https://neurosciencenews.com/memory-fear-breathing-5699/?fbclid=IwAR2qTJBzBWixjfyCvpb00sGKJaWIEm3xWsXE0hONfofEshRiJcfGveLhX94




No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Forward

Where am I now and how has the MAPP helped me as a teacher. I feel as though I have learned through the process of the MAPP that my skills...