Sunday, October 21, 2018

Doing Your Research Project


I have just finished reading "Doing Your Research Project: A guide for first-time researchers in education and social science - Third edition" by Judith Bell. I really like this book. It is dong a research project presented in a "connect the dots", or step by step guide. I feel much better about approaching research projects now, and I feel as if I use the guidelines laid out in the text by Judith Bell I will be successful in my executing of a research project. 

Now, does any one have a preference of these options: APA, or Harvard, and if they do why?

Also now I have an idea from reading about different teachers and their approaches to learning and teaching about where I what I would like to research and how I will be able to get it done.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't used APA yet but I will say that finding consistent info on Harvard style is really difficult. There doesn't seem to be a real manual like there is for other style guides, so every university puts out their own. I found that out last year frantically hunting for info--got comments on midterm feedback about incorrect use of something or other, but that got later rescinded IIRC because it wasn't really incorrect! I might go with APA this module, because I had never even heard of Harvard before this. It's hardly used in the US, so I'm probably better off practicing something I'm likely to see again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was also struggling with getting information on referencing, then I found on my Unihub a page, that explains referencing and citations, with examples and special download information for all departements. Here the link (on the left side of that page, you find the link where you can download a citation guide, especially for dance): http://libguides.mdx.ac.uk/plagiarismreferencing?status=Success

    ReplyDelete

Moving Forward

Where am I now and how has the MAPP helped me as a teacher. I feel as though I have learned through the process of the MAPP that my skills...