Monday, October 8, 2018

Wanting to learn more.

Hello, I have been reading a lot of various books lately with the intent of finding out my true interests of dance. I am discovering that I am gravitating towards Hermeneutics phenomenology, positive, dualism, and how it can all be intertwined in teaching. I am finding it difficult to stay focused on anything in particular because I am finding that I wish that when I was a dance student, and dancer I had more time, and more interest in learning classical studies, philosophy, and various mythologies.

Is anyone else finding that they wished that they had more time, to learn more?

Here is an article that I really feel also highlights my some of my ideas about different dance forms and their developments, the fine arts in general actually.

https://creativesystemsthinking.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/how-einstein-saw-the-world/


4 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely. Was just talking to my husband last week about prioritizing the important over the urgent... I was getting so bogged down in the urgent stuff (laundry! cooking dinner! part-time job!) that I was spending less time on school. Can't have that, so hopefully I'll have more time from now on, but it's never enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar thought few weeks after our Skype session and I popped over to the university library, picked up my Student ID and went in to the library. Quite literally scooped over all South Asian classical dance books until I stumbled on a book on KANDYAN! It's called Dance and the Nation, performances ritual and politics in Sri Lanka by Susan A. Reed and this is by far the best thing I decided to on a free evening! So much better than an Ebook too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Yes it's hard finding a balance as our research and refelction highlights so much more and can lead us off into other avenues of exploration (it does for me). I remember reading a piece of information in mod 2 about trying to disregarding information not relevant and staying on task, I found it useful as made me reflect. It was only a very small book called Critical thinking (sorry can't remember the author) but was recommended by another member of our community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and thank you, I think I have seen that book you are mentioning, I will check it out, it is on the recommended reading list, but I haven't have the motivation to read that particular book yet. I will order it.

      Delete

Moving Forward

Where am I now and how has the MAPP helped me as a teacher. I feel as though I have learned through the process of the MAPP that my skills...