Monday, November 19, 2018

Task 3

As a Module two student. I have been working around the ideas of positivist, and non-positivist approaches, as well as dualism, and embodiment.

positivist and non-positivist is a fluid idea. I think that it all depends on what type of information, or approach you have to the world at any given time may appear to be different each time. I can't say that I am either a positivist, or a non-positivist, as I experience both positions through each and every given day. As a teacher I am both a deliverer of information as well as a personal counselor to students with their many many questions about every aspect of their lives.

As a human being I think that a non-positivist approach to life is more often the case than a positivist one, however a positivist approach during times where emotions can make a strong bearing on a situation a more positivist approach may be needed.

Embodiment. Embodiment for me is very odd, again I am very fluid in my understanding of embodiment, and dualism. How come there can't be both? Is there a reason the mind can't be separate from the body, and be the vessel of knowledge, and the body become the physical connection of the mind to the physical world? or is the physical world really just a form of conscience that we aren't yet able to determine? Again I feel that as I get older, and as I get more life experience my views are constantly changing on what I believe, and don't believe, and where I am positioned in my understanding of phenomenology, pragmatism, and ontology. I am afraid that I will only get the answers I await for when I am dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Forward

Where am I now and how has the MAPP helped me as a teacher. I feel as though I have learned through the process of the MAPP that my skills...